Thursday, January 12, 2012

Today's Topic: Where are your guts?? GO FOR IT!! Challenge yourself!!

The way I see it, shyness will only get you so far, but being bold and having guts will get you further. Challenging yourself, can do wonders for you in all aspects of your life. Something came to me the other day, and I sat back and looked at what I had just done. Years ago I was "Team Shy" , but now I'm more willing to press through my nervous mood, and give things a try. So now, I've been "drafted" into "Team Brave". If that's what you want call to it.

But I also understand that it takes time to progress out of shyness. In a way, shyness can also be a good thing, but it's also good to challenge yourself, and then analyze the result of it.

There was this time a couple of years ago, I used to listen to jazz non-stop. Every time I would get in the car, It would be stuck on that same jazz radio station. And so I thought to myself, I wonder if I could create something better, or equal to it. And so I set up my "Recording Studio" in my room that was connected to my computer, and got to work on it producing the beats with a instrumental software program, and then the melodies to all of the songs came from my keyboard. It took a few weeks, but when I put my focus into it, and I was done creating the album, the cover to it, etc. and I took a step back at what I had done, that was one of the things that had motivated me to challenge myself from then on. Mind you, this was about four years ago. Everytime I listen to the album that I put my hard work into, I always seem to find something new about it that makes me want to emulate it even further, and not just in the sense of music.

So the point is that if you challenge yourself, even if you are shy, it should motivate you to take those guts and start making moves. You never know what could result from it. It may just turn out to be the most influencial and beautiful thing that ever happened to you.

*Brave Heart*

5 comments:

  1. Right on girl friend! It sounds as if you have the right attitude to conquer whatever task is before you. I can't wait to see what you accomplish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not a lot of people realize this and never get out of their comfort zones. So glad you have been put on Team Brave, they need more assertive girls out there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was a shy person for the longest time, but then I started doing weightlifting and had to stop being so shy because I had to get in front of people to lift. It was a challenge but I over came being shy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well I have to say that being in the military had definably help me a lot when it came to not being shy. Due to the amount of people you meet when you first report to a ship or a duty station. Usually a ship's crew would be about 500 people and some duty station have over thousands of people that you would most likely would meet at different times throughout your stay.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think you are a very positive person and a great team player. Great sitting by you. You are very smart to be so young.

    ReplyDelete