Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Today's Topic: Imitation is the highest form of flattery.

When you find that someone is imitating you, yet throwing dirt on your name, clearly they admire you in some way. They are just too full of pride to admit it. I have encountered this myself, on multiple occasions. It just means that they are an undercover fan of Yours.

They seem to want something you have, that either they don't have, or won't take the time and effort to push forward and do themselves to get the same results. Which brings me to a quote I saw while I was on twitter about two weeks or more ago...

" Jealousy is the art of counting somebody else's blessings instead of your own."

And thinking about it, it makes perfect sense. I can see it now... all they dwell their time on is talking about how much more you have than they do, or how you look a certain way, maybe better than them, and the icing on the cake.... "How can I emulate it without looking like I copied from them?"

It really makes me sorry for these copycats. While people like you and me, who don't worry about that kind of stuff, and they are worrying themselves over our next move, etc.

An original is worth more than a copy. Being yourself is the ultimate defense towards that

*Brave Heart*

2 comments:

  1. Wow I never thought about it that way, but I like it. Instead of getting mad or upset, I can just smile and remember what you said "that they admire me in someway". I do believe that they will think I am crazy for smile as imitate me, but oh well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been on both admiring and receiving end of this. It's very true. We're all run by comparisons and something as severe as imitation is just an extreme form of admiration. You made great points.

    ReplyDelete